fbpx
Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Anyone run their TV speakers through a compressor at night ?

1 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
(@tony77)
Topic starter  

Hello everyone,

Brief explanation of my setup: I live in a Brooklyn apartment with my girlfriend and a suite mate. I have a small home studio set up at a desk in my room. A usb interface, a couple guitar pedals, a rack compressor and reverb, and two mini studio monitors. I also have a projector I use to plug my laptop into. When I use the projector I run my laptop through the studio monitor speakers cause they sound a hell of a lot better than laptop speakers.

At night I tend to notice how uncompressed the audio in TV shows are. You turn the volume down as the title screen and theme play but then it’s too quite for the dialogue. I wondered if anyone has a similar setup of running laptops through studio monitors at night. Does anyone else use a hardware (or possibly software using digital routing) compressor to make tv shows have a smaller peak-to-peak gain ?<span data-sheets-value="{"1":2,"2":" removed link ;}" data-sheets-userformat="{"2":513,"3":{"1":0},"12":0}" data-sheets-hyperlink=" removed link "><a class="in-cell-link" href=" removed link " target="_blank" rel="noopener"> removed link

Thank you!

This topic was modified 5 years ago 2 times by tony77
This topic was modified 4 years ago by tony77

Share: