fbpx
Ospreys and Legacy ...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Ospreys and Legacy Audio Signature SE or Focal Kanta No2?

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
 tww
(@tww)
Topic starter  

Hi everyone, I'm just getting back into stereo after concentrating on HT for many years. My hearing has deteriorated substantially but I can hear fairly well in my quiet listening room with my hearing aids. I'm in the process of replacing my old (1996) Legacy Classic floor standing with new speakers (90.2 Dba). I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with running the Osprey MK3 with either of the 2 speakers I'm considering. I talked to a salesman who had the Focal Kanta No.2 and he didn't think I would get the full benefit of the Focal with the Osprey. I brought my Osprey to the Legacy dealer's show room and listened to some Getz and Krall.  I won't say I was blown away but considering my hearing impairment and the old Classics I've been listening to I was impressed.  The dealer will also give me a tradin on my old Legacies, take them away and setup the new ones. Anyone here running the Osprey with the Kanta No.2 or Signature SE...impressions?  I'm hoping to limit my speaker selection to speakers that I can audition since I'm not looking for the hassle of returning even if there is a liberal return policy.  

James Connell
(@jamesconnell)
Active Member Admin

The Osprey will work exceedingly well with the Focal speakers. The dealer that said that it would not, must be trying to sell you another amp.

ReplyQuote
 tww
(@tww)
Topic starter  

@jamesconnell

Thanks James, I was surprised at the guys response, especially since he didn't try to sell me a different speaker or anything else for that matter.

ReplyQuote
Share: